Our rights, and how to get them
These materials are only indicative. Please contact us for full details.
- Leaflet: Homeless? Get your rights! (pdf) – a short leaflet on the right to housing, if you’re homeless, or may become homeless soon. LCAP hands this leaflet out at housing offices.
- Building Mutual Support and Organising in Our Communities (pdf) – LCAP pamphlet written in 2012 and updated in 2014. Contact us if you’d like paper copies for you or your group.
Against Poverty – LCAP’s irregular bulletin
- See sidebar for links to pdf files of Against Poverty. If you would like to write for Against Poverty, please get in touch and let us know what you’re interested in writing!
Other publications / projects
- Hackney Isn’t Crap booklet (pdf) – A booklet produced by LCAP and others for the 2008 ‘Hackney Isn’t Crap!’ walking tour. Print quality pdf also available on LCAP computer. (For more on the Walking Tour, see the film linked to on the sidebar.)
- Try the audiowalk on this website A Way Home: A Walk Around Hackney’s Housing History. This was part of an oral history project Hackney Housing Group took part in.
- A few photos taken at LCAP actions and activities can be found here. You can see links to some excellent films of LCAP activities by the links on the sidebar.
The following is a list of organisations that are not necessarily endorsed by all members of London coalition Against Poverty, but that people viewing this site may find useful.
- Advisory Service for Squatters
- Defend Council Housing
- Edinborough Coalition Against Poverty
- Hackney Independent
- Hackney Solidarity Network
- Hackney Unemployed Workers
- Haringey Solidarity Group
- Newham Claimants Union
- Nottingham Claimants Union
- Overheard at the Jobcentre
- Southall Black Sisters
- The Pavement
- Abahlali baseMjondolo: South African Shack Dwellers’ Movement
- Abahlali Western Cape
- Agir ensemble contra le chomage
- Antipoverty Committee Vancouver
- Association pour L’Emploi, l’Information et la Solidarite
- Central Unica das Favelas
- Coalition on Homelessness SF
- Coalition to Protect Public Housing
- Droit Au Logement
- Droits Devant
- International Alliance of Inhabitants
- Jeudi Noir
- Movimento dos Trabalhadores Sem Teto
- National Alliance of People’s Movements
- Ontario Coalition Against Poverty
- Picture the Homeless
- Portland Coalition Against Poverty
- Reclaiming Spaces
- Right to the City
- San’ya Welfare Centre for Day Labourers
- Take Back the Land
- Urban Poor Associates
- Western Cape Anti-Eviction Campaign
- Witten Tenants Association